"Streets of Boston"
Listen to "Streets of Boston" inspired by Susan.
Written and performed by Jill Stein, Ken Selcer and Tom Miller, the Somebody's Sister trio.
Ode to Sheldon the Bike
Travel through this online story about Sheldon, by former student Hoopie.
Benefits of Bicycles by Kevin Liao, 9
1. They are cheap.
2. They save space. (You can fit a whopping 14 bicycles in one car parking space!)*
3. It isn't a big deal if you crash.
4. It's fun.
5. They don't have annoying music.
6. You don't see a car for babies.
7. They don't use/make smoke.
8. No gas.
9. It doesn't cost $500 to mend a bicycle- just a wrench.
10. They can come with 3 seats.
11. If you bike for 3 hours a week, you can reduce the risk of heart disease and stroke by 50%*
12. They can go faster than gas cars.
13. You don't need to have a diploma with random symbols, numbers, and figures to fix a bicycle.
14. Bicycles come with instructions.
15. They come in different styles e. g. ”Where are the polka-dot cars?”
16. Way, way, way, less complicated.
17. Do cars have gears? (Probably yes, but anyway......)
18. If you can't learn immediately, there are training wheels.
19. Lots of bicycles have two ways to brake.
20. (By the way, the hand brake on the right is for the rear wheel.)
21. You don't need big black roads or big expensive blinking traffic lights.
22. #21 costs about $999999999999999999999999999999999999999.
23. You don't need to know about a gazillion buttons.
24. They have bells instead of noisy horns.
25. You don't hear VROOOOOOM on a bike.
26. You can't play hockey on a car.
27. You can learn quickly.
28. You don't need car seats.
29. You don't need to be a grownup.
30. You can't drive on sidewalks, parks, etc.
31. Riding a bike is better for the environment.
32. If you bike 4 miles a day instead of driving, you save 66 gallons of gas per year.*
33. #32 will lose more than 10 lb.*
34. If the U.S biked .5% more, they would save 462 million gallons of fuel per year.*
*found info from International Bicycle
Susan, Thank you for teaching me how to ride a bike! I'm really enjoying it.